2014 Supply Chain Top 25 Gartner

Topics: Supply chain, Supply chain management, Value chain Pages: 8 (1552 words) Published: December 4, 2014

1. Sign In |
2. Register |
3. Select a Gartner site
Formularbeginn

Formularende
1 Why Gartner
2 Analysts
3 Research
4 Events
5 Consulting
6 About
1 Newsroom
Newsroom\Announcements\Gartner Announces Rankings of Its 2014 Supply Chain Top 25 Press Release
Share:
inShare887
PHOENIX, AZ. , May 22, 2014 View All Press Releases
2 Gartner Announces Rankings of Its 2014 Supply Chain Top 25 Winners Announced at Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, AZ Gartner, Inc. has released the findings from its 10th annual Supply Chain Top 25. A primary goal of the Supply Chain Top 25 research initiative is to raise awareness of the supply chain discipline and how it impacts the business. Analysts announced the findings from this year's research at the Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference, which is being held through today at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix, AZ. "2014 marks the 10th year of our annual Supply Chain Top 25 ranking," said Stan Aronow, research vice president at Gartner. "As we reach this milestone, we have several longtime leaders with new lessons to share and a number of more recent entrants from the high-tech, consumer product and industrial sectors in the Top 25." The top five-ranked organizations in 2014 include four that topped the list last year — Apple, McDonald's, Amazon and Unilever — plus another familiar leader, P&G. Two new companies joined the Top 25 this year with Seagate Technology (No. 20) appearing for the first time and Kimberly-Clark (No. 21) re-emerging after a year's hiatus. Apple took the No. 1 slot again, its seventh year running, continuing to outpace everyone else by a wide margin on the composite of financial and opinion measures used (see Table 1). McDonald's landed at No. 2 for the second year in a row, followed by Amazon.com in the third spot. Table 1. The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25 for 2014

Rank
Company
Peer Opinion (1)
(188 voters)
(25%)
Gartner Opinion (1)
(32 voters)
(25%)
3-year weighted ROA (2)
(25%)
Inventory Turns (3)
(15%)
3-year weighted Revenue Growth (4)
(10%)
Composite Score (5)
1
Apple
3187
371
20.5%
69.2
31.2%
8.85
2
McDonald's
1612
369
15.6%
153.0
4.0%
6.25
3
Amazon.com
3171
510
0.8%
8.9
27.2%
6.08
4
Unilever
2031
517
9.9%
6.9
2.6%
5.32
5
P&G
2166
513
8.2%
5.9
2.2%
5.20
6
Samsung Electronics
1871
351
11.4%
18.1
12.7%
5.13
7
Cisco Systems
1092
480
9.1%
12.3
6.3%
4.57
8
Intel
908
475
12.8%
4.8
3.8%
4.51
9
Colgate-Palmolive
891
322
17.4%
5.1
3.1%
4.22
10
The Coca Cola Company
1820
265
10.1%
5.3
6.2%
4.03
11
Inditex
751
259
17.7%
3.9
9.1%
3.99
12
Nike
1192
225
14.2%
4.2
11.0%
3.89
13
H&M
690
108
26.7%
3.6
6.4%
3.83
14
Wal-Mart Stores
1764
215
8.0%
7.9
3.5%
3.52
15
PepsiCo
1000
298
8.6%
8.2
3.2%
3.37
16
Lenovo Group
808
210
3.3%
17.5
24.4%
3.14
17
Starbucks
1044
185
8.5%
5.7
11.9%
3.06
18
3M
975
146
13.6%
4.1
4.1%
3.05
19
Qualcomm
193
56
14.1%
6.8
30.6%
2.95
20
Seagate Technology
67
39
19.5%
12.5
8.1%
2.75
21
Kimberly-Clark
605
206
9.9%
6.1
1.6%
2.65
22
Johnson & Johnson
957
149
9.6%
2.8
5.2%
2.65
23
Caterpillar
696
245
5.4%
3.0
3.3%
2.43
24
Cummins
153
144
12.1%
5.3
6.0%
2.34
25
Nestlé
1060
99
8.3%
5.4
1.5%
2.30
Notes:
1 Gartner Opinion and Peer Opinion based on each panel's forced-rank ordering against the definition of "DDVN Orchestrator" 2 Return on assets (ROA): ((2013 net income/2013 total assets)*50%) + ((2012 net income/2012 total assets)*30%) + ((2011 net income/2011 total assets)*20%) 3 Inventory Turns: 2013 cost of goods sold/2013 quarterly average inventory 4 Revenue Growth: ((change in revenue 2013-2012)*50%) + ((change in revenue 2012/2011)*30%) + ((change in revenue 2011-2010)*20%) 5 Composite Score: (Peer Opinion*25%) + (Gartner Research Opinion*25%) + (ROA*25%) + (Inventory Turns*15%) +...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Supply chain Management Essay
  • Essay on supply chain management of Walmart
  • Supply Chain Management revised Essay
  • Pepsi: Supply Chain Management Essay
  • supply chain history Essay
  • Managing Supply Chain Invevtory Essay
  • supply chain Essay
  • Supply Chain Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free